Certification Classes offered at the YWCA:
Lifeguard Certification Classes:
To participate, individuals must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class, a good swimmer, and in relatively good condition. All participants MUST attend all scheduled class times to receive certification. All sessions require some online coursework to be done between the time of the pre-test and the in class instruction. Fees are $200 per person. All classes take place at Talkington YWCA at Sun 'n Fun.
The YWCA of Lubbock is hosting a Lifeguard Class at the J.T. & Margaret Talkington Sun 'N Fun beginning Monday, April 19th, 2021 from 6pm-8pm. Cost of the class is $200 and pre-registration is required. Minimum age to participate is 15 years old.
Participants must attend the pre-course and successfully complete the skills in order to be admitted to the class beginning Friday, April 23rd. Upon completion of pre-course, participants will receive Blended Learning content to complete prior to the April 23rd class.
REGISTRANTS MUST BE PRESENT EACH DAY FOR THE ENTIRETY OF EACH SESSION:
- Friday, April 23rd 6-9pm
- Saturday, April 24th, 9am-5pm
- Sunday, April 25th 9am-5pm
- Fee: $200. Includes facility fee, breathing mask, whistle & classroom materials
- You must bring a swim suit, towel and goggles to class every day
- A one-piece suit is highly recommended
- If desired you may bring a snack. It is recommended that you pack a meal on days exceeding 4 hours
- All participants must attend all sessions of the class and be on time
- Failure to attend the entire class will result in a failing grade and no refund
- All cell phones must be turned off or set to silent during class
The Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses, head, neck, back injuries, heat and cold emergencies and how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies to help victims of any age - adults (about 12 years and older) and pediatric (infants and children up to 12 years of age).Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.Check back for class dates or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost for the class is $60. This is a blended course and some online work will need to be done before in class portion. Participants need to register at least three days prior to the beginning of a class. To ensure they have time to complete online portion. All online coursework will be sent once registration is complete via email.
To register call us at 806-771-0184.